Alazanskaya Valley is a huge fertile plain, the oldest winemaking region in Georgia. Valley is surrounded from all sides by mountains of the Greater and Lesser Caucasus, among which Lagodekhi Nature Reserve is situated – Georgia’s National Park, the area of deciduous trees, huge waterfalls and alpine lakes. Park is located at the junction of the borders of Georgia, Russia and Azerbaijan. Even during the hottest time of year it is cool and fresh in the park. This route is a good option to try outdoor activities in Georgia, and does not require special training.
The price includes:
- Three meals a day throughout the hike;
- Guide service;
- The use of boilers and gas appliances for cooking;
- Group first-aid kit;
- Gas equipment and gas cylinders;
- Tbilisi – Matsimi and Lagodekhi – Tbilisi transfers.
- Flight to Tbilisi / Kutaisi;
- Personal equipment;
- Food in cafes and hostels.
ДDetailed program of the reserve hike Lagodekhi
Day 1. Arrival in Tbilisi, transfer to Matsu. Stops for sightseeing along the route. Arrival at the camping area, the installation of tents and rest.
Day 2. Breakfast, then we gather the camp and start tracking. The path goes through a wide valley among deciduous trees with a small climb. Next, the trail starts to climb higher and goes to the ridge. Above the forest zone we stop for an overnight in a equipped place.
Day 3. Breakfast, camp gathering and climbing to alpine park area to the alpine lake. Camp area – right next to the lake of the Black Rock.
Day 4. Breakfast, camp gathering and climbing to alpine park area to the alpine lake. Camp area – right next to the lake of the Black Rock.
Day 5. Light radial hike to the waterfall, return the camp and transfer to Tbilisi.
The list of necessary personal equipment
- Raincoat or membrane jacket and pants;
- Fleece jacket;
- Fleece pant;
- Base layer;
- Headdress from the sun (buff, bandana, baseball cap);
- Hiking boot;
- Socks (preferably thermal socks);
- Lightweight slipper / sandal / flip flops / shoes for the camp;
- Spare items (t-shirts, shorts, socks, spare fleece, underwear);
- Cup, a spoon, a bowl;
- Flashlight (preferably headlamp);
- Trekking poles;
- Personal hygiene items (soap, toothpaste, toothbrush);
- Personal first aid kit (individual drugs, plasters);
- Sleeping bag (comfort about 10);
- Tent (one per 2-3 persons);
Our e-mail: email@example.com
Trekking programs in Georgia can be found here.