Trekking route around the massif Chaukhi is an excellent weekend hike option. We will visit the mountain pass reaching higher than 3,000 meters above sea level, we will see high mountain lakes in the background of one of the most beautiful Georgian rock masses. Chaukhi is a mountain range, located in the immediate vicinity of the village of Stepantsminda. Trekking route starts from the village Juta and mountain trails lead to the village Roshka. The trail gently takes the pass, which offers a mesmerizing view not only to an array Chaukhi, but also on one of the 5-tousanders of Caucasus – Kazbek. After the pass Abudelaurskie lakes are waiting for us – deserved reward after the pass.
The price hike includes:
- Three meals a day during the entire campaign;
- Guide services;
- The use of boilers and gas appliances for cooking;
- Group first aid kit;
- Gas cylinders;
- Passage of Tbilisi – Juta and Roshka – Tbilisi.
- Flight to Tbilisi;
- Personal equipment;
- Food in the cafe.
Detailed program of 3-day trekking tour Chaukhi – Roshka
Day 1. Morning group meeting in Tbilisi. Distribution of provisions and collection of backpacks. Transfer to Juta. Sightseeing along the way. Arrival at the beginning of the route and setting on the route. On sloping path to the exit Chaukhi array. Setting up a camp and rest.
Day 2. The most difficult day. We gather our camp in the morning and move through an average steepness trail to the Chaukhi pass. Recreation and descent to the lake at the foot of the mountain. Setting up a camp and rest.
Day 3. Go on flat dirt track to the village of Roshka, where our car will be waiting. Transfer to Tbilisi.
The list of necessary personal equipment
- Raincoat or membrane jacket and pants;
- fleece jacket;
- Fleece Pants;
- Base layer;
- Headdress from the sun (buff, bandana, baseball cap);
- Hiking boot;
- Lightweight slipper / sandal / flip flops / shoes for the camp;
- Spare items (t-shirts, shorts, socks, spare fleece, underwear);
- Cup, a spoon, a bowl;
- Flashlight (preferably headlamp);
- Trekking poles;
- Personal hygiene items (soap, toothpaste, toothbrush);
- Personal first aid kit (individual drugs, plasters);
- Sleeping bag (comfort about 10);
- Tent (one per 2-3 persons);
Our e-mail: email@example.com